Enjoy your wool carpet for years to come with proper maintenance
Every wool fibre has a super-fine, natural protective layer, which repels dirt and gives you time to intervene if there’s a stain. Of course, you’ll need to tackle it as quickly as possible. Here are some useful tips:
- Always remove the stain immediately.
- Scrape up as much of the spilled liquid or substance as possible with a spoon or knife, working from the outside to the centre of the stain.
- Wipe the stain off with a cloth or moisture-absorbing paper. Never rub or scrub! Just dab.
- Don’t let the stain get too wet.
- If you use a detergent, you must dab it afterwards with tap water. (Always try detergents or solvents on a non-obvious sport of carpet first).
- Dry the carpet as well as possible after removing the stain. You can use a hairdryer for this.